Bike to Work Week
Bike to Work Week
Here's where you can find us
2. Kick Off the week at Selkirk Trestle South 6:45 - 8:45 am. Coast Lunch Box will serve up a delicious Breakfast Bun served on a fresh COBS bun. Combine that with a hot Starbucks coffee and you're set to start your week off right. Also on site will be Accent Inns, CRD, GVCC, Volvo Victoria and Cycles West for bike first aid.
3. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites. 6:45 - 8:45 am. (Burdett & Humboldt). Our first Community Celebration Station! Please head over and check out the great cookies, coffee and prizes from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites. Trek Bikes will also be at this station for bike first aid
4. Dockside Green 3:30 - 5:30 pm. mmmm enjoy fresh veggies from the Dockside Green BETA Installation, fruit from Trigo Foods and delicious Starbucks and David's Tea. You can also check out Dockside Green, VanCity Coop, GVCC and Victoria Police. Trek Bikes will also be at this fun, jam packed station for bike first aid and Ashtanga Yoga Victoria providing 7-minute Mysore. You can also have a whirl on the Blender Bike (frozen fruit from Snowcrest Foods).
5. Portage Park - View Royal 3:30 – 5:30 pm. This scenic station is worth the stop. Grab a Starbucks coffee, COBS baked good and a treat from The Nest Cafe, Trigo Foods fruit. Oak Bay Bikes will be on site to take care of all your bike needs. Visit with the Town of View Royal, Westshore RCMP, Telus, Bikemaps.org and the CRD.
6. UVic Fountain 7:30 - 9:30 am. Join us for a tasty Starbucks coffee, fruit from Trigo Foods, and muffins! You can also have a whirl on the Blender Bike (frozen fruit from Snowcrest Foods) On site is Striaght Up Cycles for bike repair assistance . Also on site will be UVic with bike security engraving and GVCC. Worth Checking out!
8. Colwood - Royal Roads 4:00 - 6:00 pm. Join us for some Starbucks, tasty muffins and fruit from Trigo Foods. You can also have a whirl on the Blender Bike (frozen fruit from Snowcrest Foods) For bike repairs, take it to our friends at Oak Bay Bikes who will be on-site. This site grew this year and you can visit with Westshore RCMP, Bikemaps.org and the CRD
9. Oak Bay Municipal Hall (2167 Oak Bay Ave) 3:30 - 5:30 pm. Join us for great treats from COBS, refreshments from Starbucks and David's Tea, fruit from Trigo Foods and Oak Bay Bikes will be on hand to look over your bike. GVCC will also be on site to offer useful information.
10. Victoria Downtown Library 6:45 - 8:45 am. Cruise by this morning for a Starbucks coffee, COBS scone and fruit from Trigo Foods Yum! North Park bike shop will be on site for bike aid alongside Schwalbe Tires. GVCC will be on hand to share cycling updates & information.
11. Camosun - Lansdowne Campus 7:30 - 9:30 am. Starbucks and COBS will kick-start our day along with fresh Trigo Foods fruit. Oak Bay Bikes will take care of your two wheel needs. Camosun College will provide helpful info. You can also have a whirl on the Blender Bike (frozen fruit from Snowcrest Foods).
12. VGH Chancellor Park 3:30 - 5:30 pm. This station grew - make sure to check it out! COBS, Starbucks and David's Tea along with fresh Trigo Foods fruit, and food from the Six Mile Pub will please our taste buds while Vancouver Island Correctional Facility tends to emergency bike needs and provides extra treats. CRD will offer useful info along with the Town of View Royal.
13. Saanich Municipal Hall 3:30 - 5:30 pm. Stop by on your way home to enjoy COBS baked goods, David’s Tea and Starbucks refreshments and fresh Trigo Foods fruit. Oak Bay Bikes will look after your bike needs, while Saanich (floating around) and GVCC offer valuable info. There will also be a Free Bike Kitchen demo at this station 4-5 pm. Registration is closed. You can also have a whirl on the Blender Bike (frozen fruit from Snowcrest Foods).
14. Blenkinsop Trestle 6:45 - 8:45 am. Start your ride into work with a hot Starbucks coffee. Planet Organics dominates this station providing Cliff, Q'ia and Hemp Heart granola bars, two flavours of coconut water and delicious organic fruit. Visit them for your chance to win a great gift basket. Our friends at Performance Bikes will give your 2-wheeled friend some love. Stop in to chat with GVCC or the CRD. If you haven't had a chance by now - jump on the Blender Bike for a fruit smoothie (frozen fruit from Snowcrest Foods).
15. Royal Jubilee Hospital 7:00 - 9:00 am. Visit us this morning along with Ottavio Italian Bakery brioche and jam from Circle Canning, Starbucks coffee, and fresh Trigo Foods fruit. Joining us at a station for the first time is Fort St Cycle tend to all your bike needs.
16. Langford - Goldstream Park 4:00 - 6:00 pm. The Westshore is blowing up! Another Station with some new faces to go talk to the Westshore RCMP and Telus. Enjoy some COBS treats and refreshments from both Starbucks and David’s Tea. Grab some fresh Trigo Foods fruit and have Goldstream Bikes give your bike some love.
17. UVic Fountain 3:30 - 5:30 pm. Enjoy some Starbucks refreshments this afternoon, COBS treats and fresh Trigo Foods fruit. Friendly Oak Bay Bikes staff are on hand for all your bike needs. On site will be UVic with bike security engraving and GVCC. If you haven't had a chance by now - jump on the Blender Bike for a fruit smoothie (frozen fruit from Snowcrest Foods).
18. Victoria City Hall (on Pandora at Broad St) 6:45 - 8:45 am. MORE BREAKFAST BUNS! Hurray! Enjoy some Starbucks coffee and Silk Road tea this morning along with COBS buns hugging the delicious egg-sammie fillings provided from the Floyd's Diner food Truck, and fresh Trigo Foods fruit. Trek Bikes will look over your bikes and stretch out those sore muscles with some yoga from Ashtanga Yoga Victoria (or try it for the first time) who will be leading 7-minute Mysore.
19. Switch Bridge BBQ 3:30 - 5:30 pm. Save on Foods is serving meat, veggie and gluten free hotdogs served on a COBS bun. Returning is Origin Bakery gluten free buns available.. Starbucks, David's Tea and Phillips soda will keep us hydrated. To finish we’ll have fresh Trigo Foods fruit and smoothies from the blender bike (frozen fruit from Snowcrest Foods)! Oak Bay Bikes will take care of your end of week bike needs. Kool FM, CFAX 1070, CTV, GVCC, Volvo Victoria and CRD will also be in attendance.
Urban Bike Skills courses are back with the first course happening Saturday April 9th. New to this summer we will be offering YOUTH courses (age 10 - 13). We are back with the Recreation Centres so check out what's available in your neighborhood!
The 22nd annual Greater Victoria Bike to Work Week event opened for registration on Wednesday April 13th.
IMPORTANT: NEW FOR 2016: Team riders are able to register and sign themselves up for a team, as well as log their own rides (this was previously solely managed by the Team Leader)
Team Leaders can log on and send invitations to their colleagues asking them to 'Join my Team' - hopefully this will make the workload much lighter on the Team Leaders.
1. Participated as a rider or Team Leader in previous years?
Simply log no to re-activate your account. Once you have reactiviated your account you will be able to change teams, add team members, change team leaders and other functions.
2. Never participated before, but your workplace has?
Set yourself up with a new account and simply 'Join a team' by typing in the name of your workplace team or the organization itself.
3. Team Leaders can send invitations to team riders from last year by logging on to activate their account in the 'Manage & Add riders' tab
- SEARCH FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION before adding another
- BEFORE SETTING UP A NEW ACCOUNT try to log on with your information from previous years
- DO NOT RE-REGISTER, simply log in to be automatically registered. If you forget your password, click the link to request a new one
- DO NOT START A NEW TEAM if you want to become the new Team Leader of an established team. Have the previous Team Leader log on and assign you as the new leader. If you can't reach the old Team Leader, contact the Greater Victoria Bike to Work Society to assist
- EMAILS ARE NOT REQUIRED if Team Leaders are adding Team riders (if someone doesn't want to have their email added to this system it is not a requirement but their rider profile must be managed by the Team Leader)
- RIDERS CAN INVITE PEOPLE TO JOIN THE TEAM not just the team leader! Let's make 2016 viral.
- RIDERS CAN CHANGE THEIR TEAM
Currently no posts for this region