How to Register
Schools Register at: https://www.biketowork.ca/bike-school-week-may-29-june-2-2017The Bike to School Registration Option is created to help Elementary and Middle School teachers keep track of class participation. High School teachers and students can participate in the regular Registration Option as a member of a team (class or friend based) or as a solo participant.
Individuals or Teams: Register And LOG Your Commute To Be Eligible For Great Prizes! Everyone Welcomed.
FIRST TIME PARTICIPATING: Click the Register button at the top of the page.
PAST PARTICIPANTS: Click the Login button at the top of the page.
Cycle to your destination at least 1 day during the week of May 29 - June 4, 2017, and LOG IN to your account to record your kilometres cycled. These numbers will also contribute to the provincial and city totals monitoring greenhouse gas emissions saved, calories burned, and kilometres cycled.
You don't have to be an employee to register. A group of students, a family, or happily retired folks can register their commutes during the week.
BC GRAND PRIZE DRAW: Cycling Trip for 2 in Croatia from Exodus Travel
You must log at least 1 ride during the event week AND then complete the prize draw entry form (age 18+).
SUMMERLAND GRAND PRIZE DRAW: 1 Entry for the Okanagan Trestles Tour
You must log at least 1 ride during the event week to be eligible for any of the Summerland sponsored prizes (age 18+).
Schools are encouraged to organize prizes for their students with financial assistance from Summerland BTWW Committee.
Start a Team & Become a Team Leader
Start a team today by registering your team's name or log in if you are a past Team Leader. You can add more team members anytime.
What is a Team Leader?
A Team Leader is someone in the workplace that motivates co-workers to participate in Bike to Work Week. As the Team Leader, you can add people to your team in the registration system, or people can register and join your team.
Team Leaders can hang Bike to Work Week posters in their workplace (e.g. in the lunch room, elevators, etc.) to help raise awareness about Bike to Work Week.
Team Leaders can monitor teammates' participation through their Bike to Work Week Dashboard and encourage teammates to log their kilometres, or alternatively, Team Leaders can log teammates' kilometres for teammates.
Team Leaders can also organize friendly competitions within their team: who can cycle the most kilometres during BTWW, who can cycle the most trips during BTWW, who can cycle to work the most days during BTWW?
As a Team Leader, you help make a positive difference in people's lives. As you watch your teammates make healthier lifestyle choices and choose to cycle instead of drive, you will feel energized seeing a growing number of commuter cyclists sharing your love of cycling.
How to be a New Team Leader:
- Register now (click the orange Register button at the top of the page)
- After you enter your personal information, choose to register as a Team Leader
- Create a Team
How to Motivate Teammates:
- Login to your BTWW Dashboard
- Click "Communication" and email possible teammates to see if they want to join your team
- Contact the Coordinator in your community and get posters to hang in your workplace
- Talk to your employer about creating safe bike storage at your workplace
- Talk to your employer about organizing prizes for workplace competitions
- Hold an information session at lunch to RALLY your team (or try to sign people up to join your team)
- Hold a route planning session to teach first-time commuter cyclists how to safely plan their routes
- Encourage teammates to familiarize themselves with safe cycling skills
- Encourage teammates to log their kilometres cycled in their BTWW Dashboard to see how many calories they burned and how many kilograms of greenhouse gasses they have saved
- Celebrate your team's successes with a party or special breakfast or lunch.