Start a Team & Become a Team Leader
Register and start a team today! CLICK HERE.
What is a Team Leader?
A Team Leader is someone in the workplace or school that motivates people to participate in GoByBike Weeks. As the Team Leader, you can add people to your team in the registration system, or people can register and join your team.
Team Leaders can hang posters in their workplace (e.g. in the lunch room, elevators, etc.) to help raise awareness about the event. Click here to download posters.
Team Leaders can monitor teammates' participation through their Dashboard and encourage teammates to log their kilometres, or alternatively Team Leaders can log teammates' kilometres for teammates. Click here to download participation trackers.
Team Leaders can also organize friendly competitions within their team: who can cycle the most kilometres during GoByBike Weeks, who can cycle the most trips during GoByBike Weeks, who can cycle to work the most days during GoByBike Weeks?
As a Team Leader, you help make a positive difference in people's lives. As you watch your teammates make healthier lifestyle choices and choose to cycle instead of drive, you will feel proud of your leadership.
How to be a Team Leader:
- Register now
- After you enter your personal information, choose to register as a Team Leader
- Create a Team
How to Motivate Teammates:
- Login to your Dashboard
- Click "Communication" and email possible teammates to see if they want to join your team
- Contact the Coordinator in your community and get posters to hang in your workplace
- Talk to your employer about creating safe bike storage at your workplace
- Talk to your employer about organizing prizes for workplace competitions
- Hold an information session at lunch to RALLY your team (or try to sign people up to join your team)
- Hold a route planning session to teach first time commuter cyclists how to safely plan their routes
- Encourage teammates to familiarize themselves with safe cycling skills
- Encourage teammates to log their kilometres cycled in their Dashboard to see how many calories they burned and how many kilograms of greenhouse gases they have saved
- Celebrate your teams successes with a party or special breakfast or lunch
Click on the Images below to Download the Poster and Team Participation Tracker: