Get Your School Involved
If you register with HASTE before May 6, you'll get everything you need to make Bike to School Week a breeze: An info kit with a new tracking poster, stickers, safety info, and tips to help get your kids cycling. And there are some great prizes to be won through HASTE! Direct link to HASTE registration: http://hastebc.org/resources/bike-school-week-2015-may-25-may-29
If you register with Bike to Work BC, you can track your Greenhouse Gases saved, have fun school wide competitions, be eligible to win great prizes, download a Bike to School poster to promote the event, or customize your own school poster with a photo of your students.
More Ways to Get Your School Involved:
- Teach kids safe cycling skills and road safety. Get your FREE educational materials from ICBC here: http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/teaching/Pages/For-educators.aspx
- Put posters up around your school to promote the event (you can build your own poster using a photo of your students and this poster graphic, click to download)
- Get prizes for students or classes that have the most participation
- Set up a Celebration Station in the morning and reward students who cycle with snacks or chances to enter prize draws
- Get competitive! Hold a school-wide competition to see which class can cycle the most trips during Bike to School Week
- Take a bike ride at lunch time
- Plan a bike rodeo/obstacle course at lunch time
- Teach students how to check their bikes for safety
- Ask a local fireman to come and do helmet fitting one day
- Anymore ideas? We'd love to hear how you get people involved in Bike to School Week. Please send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can spread the word and get more kids cycling to school!