Get Your School Involved
If you register with Bike to Work BC, you can track your Greenhouse Gases saved, have fun school wide competitions, be eligible to win great prizes, download a Bike to School poster to promote the event, or customize your own school poster with a photo of your students.
More Ways to Get Your School Involved:
- Teach kids safe cycling skills and road safety. Get your FREE educational materials from ICBC here: http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/teaching/Pages/For-educators.aspx
- Put posters up around your school to promote the event (you can build your own poster or use this poster)
- Get prizes for students or classes that have the most participation
- Set up a Celebration Station in the morning and reward students who cycle with snacks or chances to enter prize draws
- Get competitive! Hold a school-wide competition to see which class can cycle the most trips during Bike to School Week
- Take a bike ride at lunch time
- Plan a bike rodeo/obstacle course at lunch time
- Teach students how to check their bikes for safety
- Ask a local fireman to come and do helmet fitting one day
- Anymore ideas? We'd love to hear how you get people involved in Bike to School Week. Please send your ideas to email@example.com and we can spread the word and get more kids cycling to school!