Get Involved in Bike to Work Week!
There are several ways in which you can Get Involved in Bike to Work Week!
- Participate as an individual
- Start a team or join a team
- Get your workplace involved
- Encourage co-workers to get fit and have fun by taking part in Bike to Work Week
- Encourage friendly workplace competitions
- Start a Bike to Work Week in your community
- Become a sponsor
Click on the pages to the left to find out how you can Get Involved!
“As a health practitioner, it is great to see an increase in the number of people taking part in Bike to Work Week. Making exercise part of our everyday routines is one of the best ways to ensure life-long wellness.”
- Amy Klepetar, Nursing Instructor, UNBC, Terrace
“This is my first time biking to and from work. I’ve had such an enjoyable experience that I will continue to commute using a bike from the Community Bike-Share program! I want to stay fit, meet friendly people along the MUP, and enjoy Tofino’s scenic environment….biking is definitely the way to go.”
- Schaminder, Participant, Tofino
“I bike to work as a way to start my day off with energy. Biking is refreshing and gets me moving first thing in the morning and helps me to let go of the stresses of the day on the way home. It’s great for fitness and for mental well-being. It’s also a way to have a lower environmental footprint by choosing a green mode of transportation. Bike to Work Week is great because it’s a fun way to encourage people to be active and try an environmentally friendly way of getting to work. There is a lot of camaraderie and community spirit around biking during Bike to Work Week which makes it a great event.
I’d suggest new cyclists just get out and try riding. Try a short distance and if it’s a bit uncomfortable or hard the first time you ride, don’t be discouraged. It gets easier each time!”
- Amber Zirnhelt, Sustainability Manager, City of Campbell River