Exodus Sponsored Trip for 2 Cycling in Sicily
Ride through UNESCO sites of Siracusa, Noto, Modica and Ragusa
Sicily is not only the biggest island in the Mediterranean but also one of the most fascinating, thanks to the incredibly diverse heritage left here by past civilizations including the Phoenecians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Normans and Spanish. On this exciting cycling tour we explore the south-eastern part of the island, pedalling through the Baroque gems of Ragusa, Modica, Noto and other filming locations of the famous TV series Inspector Montalbano up to Syracuse, the ancient Greek capital. Along the route we enjoy picturesque landscapes made of farmlands, deep gorges and dramatic coastal scenery which showcase the great natural diversity of the region. No trip to Sicily is complete without sampling some of the finest regional delights considered amongst the best of the whole Italian gastronomy.
- Ride the stunning UNESCO Noto Valley
- Visit the charming Baroque towns of Modica and Noto
- Point-to-point rides through picturesque countryside and quaint villages
- Sample superb regional cuisine
- 5 nights 3-star hotels and 2 night converted farmhouse, all en suite
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- 6 days cycling with partial vehicle support (limited seats)
- Group normally 6 to 16. Min age 16 yrs
- 90% tarmac and some short sections of gravel; quiet rural undulating roads
- Local bike hire included
- E-bike hire available on request
- Flights from nearest International Airport
- All breakfasts and 1 dinner
- All accommodation
- Local bike hire
How to Qualify:
- Register for 2018 Fall GoByBike Weeks.
- You must log kilometers for at least one trip that you choose to ride your bike instead of drive a motor vehicle to during GoByBike Weeks October 15-29, 2018 (for example, if you choose to ride a bike instead of drive a motor vehicle to work, school, the gym, run errands, meet a friend for coffee, etc.)
- Enter the Exodus Contest Entry here: https://www.exodustravels.com/ca/win-cycling-adventure-italy. Note: if you enter the contest/prize draw, you will only qualify if you have logged a trip during October 15-29, 2018
- Prize winner must be 19 years of age or older
NOTE to School Teams: Staff must register in the “GoByBike for Teens & Adults” registration system to qualify for the grand prize trip draw. This is the same registration system as the “Bike to Work” registration system.
Interested in Learning more about Adventure Cycling? Click here to sign up for Exodus Travels eNews.