- Cyclists have the same rights and duties as a driver of a vehicle. The same rules of right-of-way, traffic signs and signals apply to cyclists and motorists.
- It is illegal to ride on the sidewalk or in a crosswalk, unless otherwise designated by city bylaws or signage. The fine for riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is $109.
- It is illegal to ride side by side on the roadway.
- Cyclists riding after dark must use a front white headlight visible for 150 metres and a rear red reflector visible for 100 metres when illuminated by car headlights.
- Cyclists are required to wear an approved bicycle helmet. The fine for not wearing a helmet is $29.
- When cycling in heavy traffic with no bike lane, ride about one metre from the right hand curb.
« Back to Homepage
« Back to Older Posts