Note: (For all prizes, the decision of the judges shall remain final!)
There are four employer categories and this year, the winning team in each category will be heading off to dinner at Just Jakes/Craig Street Brew Pub. Bike To Work Cowichan is able to award these prizes thanks to the generosity of Just Jakes/Craig Street Brew Pub and the rest of our partners. Remember to visit our partner’s websites via the links on the sidebar.
The team categories are:
- Mini (1 - 9 employees)
- Small (10 - 20 employees)
- Medium (21 - 50 employees)
- Large (51 and up)
We have lots of prizes in a draw which will be held at our Wrap-Up Event on Friday, May 31st, from 3:00pm to 5:30pm at Duncan City Square, Downtown Duncan (attendance not necessary to win a prize).
All cyclists will be able to enter their names at the Celebration Stations:
- Monday and Tuesday Celebration Stations will be hosted by Power Lunch in the parking lot at 921 Canada Avenue.
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Celebration Stations will be hosted by The Garage Cafe at Charles Hoey Park (Train Station)
- NEW THIS YEAR! Wednesday there will be a Celebration Station hosted by Kerry Park Recreation Centre at 1035 Shawnigan Mill Bay Road
- Celebration Stations will be open from 6:30a.m. to 8:30a.m. each day.
Here’s the list of great prizes to be won! Donated by our Community Partners.(listed in no particular order)
- Two gift cards from each of the following bike shops: Cowichan Cycles, Experience Cycling, and Cycle Therapy. That’s a total of SIX Gift Cards of $250 each!
- Tony’s Trailers – A bike trailer valued at around $300
- Just Jakes/Craig Street Brew Pub – Seventeen gift vouchers of $25 each
- Urchin Bags - Bags made with recycled materials, including recycled tire tubes. Several prizes. Total value $300
- Duncan Garage Showroom - Showroom Dough! Six prizes of $20 each
- Prizes from Drillwell Enterprises Ltd. TBA.
As this is a Cowichan-wide event we want to be able to include participants who may be cycling to work miles away from Duncan i.e. Lake Cowichan etc. For this reason we are asking team leaders to e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) on the Thursday of Bike To Work Week with the names and phone numbers (or e-mail) for all team members who have ridden to work. We will also include these names in the draw. We are placing the onus for this on team leaders. If this list of names is not received by us these participants won’t get their names included in the draw. Make sure your team leaders send in the names!